The holidays are upon us! With winter temperatures, omicron, and holiday gatherings, most people are spending more time indoor than ever. With that comes a lot of dirt and build up in furniture and floors. Steam Green knows how important it is that your house always looks its best for visitors, in-laws, and every guest who walks through your doors. And no matter how carefully you clean your home, sometimes furniture upholstery, carpets, and area rugs need a little extra TLC to look and smell their best. But with everything else you've got going on like cooking, baking, and decorating, call Steam Green to take care of the cleaning for you!
Many customers wait until the holidays are over and spring comes to start cleaning but there is a multitude of reasons why winter carpet cleaning is the best time to call us.
1. Health: We are indoors much more during the winter months with less fresh air in facilities. Soiled carpets can have allergens and pollutants that negatively impact indoor air quality. Despite the potential to track in wet and snow, your carpets may stay cleaner for a longer amount of time in the winter because they won’t accumulate as many allergens. During the warmer months, pollen, dust and airborne pollutants enter your home through open windows, and if you didn’t have your carpets cleaned in the fall, all of that contamination makes an unhealthy indoor environment. When you seal everything up for winter and keep doors and windows closed, everything stays trapped inside, and your carpet holds it all adding to the polluted air. A professional cleaning of the carpets and rugs in your home reduces and eliminates those spring and summer pollutants and makes it easier for you to breathe when you’re inside.
2. Harder to clean: The more soil buildup in carpet, the harder it is to remove, and some spots may become stains, making them very difficult-if not impossible-to remove.
3. Damage to the carpet: Related to this, the longer soiling remains in carpet, the more damage it can do to carpet fibers. "View soils as 'miniature daggers.' With foot traffic, these tiny daggers cut away at carpet fibers, shortening the life expectancy of the carpet."
4. Faster drying: It’s easy to believe that freshly cleaned carpets dry faster in the warmer weather, but that’s not always true. Carpets and rugs may dry slightly faster in the winter due to lower humidity that helps moisture evaporate more quickly. Professional carpet cleaners also have high-powered fans to help dry your carpets so you can enjoy your clean carpets and revel in the warmth and insulation they bring to cold winters.
5. Flexible appointment times: In the spring and summer, some carpet cleaning technicians can be booked two or three weeks in advance. During the winter months, appointments are much easier to come by, which is especially helpful should there be an emergency.
Help freshen your home inside even if it’s too cold to venture outside by scheduling an appointment for professional carpet cleaning by Steam Green.
- Steam Green Carpet Cleaning and Restoration
Peoria Illinois & Bloomington Illinois (and surrounding areas)